Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 5 - Isla, Meet Isla

So we met another Isla yesterday. We shared the elevator to the pediatrician's office with a 5 day old baby girl & her parents. A little small talk about the girls on the way up, checked in at the desk & then we went our separate ways. The nurse comes to the waiting room & calls "Isla" so we get up.....and so do the other people! We were both pretty surprised that, with such a unique name, the girls would have the same doctor & an appointment at the same time! Crazy crazy. At least we had the name 10 months earlier! Hehehe (my evil laugh). I guess I can share....as long as the name doesn't become TOO popular!

So anyway, Isla was 18 pounds, 13 ounces (45th percentile) and absolutely healthy & smart & perfect in every way! But of course I already knew that :)

Today was another cold day. I went outside for a few minutes to take some of the last pictures ever on my "old" digital camera. UPS called me tonight saying that my package - i.e. my NEW NIKON D90 DIGITAL SLR CAMERA!!!!! - will be arriving tomorrow. SO excited. As if I haven't already made that clear :) Farewell old camera - I WON'T miss you!



I've been really into photography lately & have been doing a lot of learning & reading. The one thing I keep seeing is that it's not the big expensive camera that makes good pictures. So, trying to convince myself of this, I went on the hunt for some cool things to shoot. Not bad I guess. But if I can take decent pictures with my P.O.S. point & shoot with manual override, I'm sure my future pictures will be even better. Hey, if it takes the frickin' picture when I press the button (not 10 seconds later) then that will be a step in the right direction! I guess that's why my best pictures are of things that don't move :)



No comments:

Post a Comment