Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 4 - Into the Cold

Amen, the snow has stopped! Not sure what the finals totals were, since I still haven't left the house. That thermometer showing 20 degrees right outside my window just gives me no desire to leave my cozy home. I do, however, have leave to go to the post office today to mail some Ebay things & to go to Isla's pediatrician appointment later. Oh well. I really would like to take Isla out to play in the snow for the first time, but I think we'll have to wait for a warmer day.

For now little bug & I are playing inside. Here's the little goofball hamming it up as usual. Playing under the table :) Neither of these pictures are very technically good, but they depicted my day the best, so I used them. I'll do better next time :)


Today I finished up my list of 101 things to do in 1001 days, from dayzeroproject.com It has taken me a couple of days to compile my list, mainly because their website keeps crashing. I guess everyone is making these types of lists now that it's resolution time. But anyway, it's something fun to do with your free time & actually helps put things into perspective as to things you want to accomplish within the next 2.74 years. :) And you can even manage the list & check off things as you go to keep you motivated. I'm going to add my list to this blog as soon as I can figure out how.

Today is Isla's 9 month checkup with her pediatrictian (even though she will be 10 months on the 8th - we're a little behind I guess). We get to see how much she weighs today. She was 19 pounds on my bathroom scale! Getting so big already! But apparently not big enough to sleep in her own bed! :)

Speaking of bed, that reminds me that reminds me of my 2nd picture of the day. Isla went down for a nap at 11am. She slept for 3 hours straight! I kept listening to the baby monitor to see if she might be waking up soon or not. Finally after 3 hours I hear this tapping coming through the monitor. No coos or gurgles or squeals like I usually hear....just tapping. So I'm thinking maybe the crazy cats are in there again or something. Upon investigation here's what I find...



Miss Isla had, using her super quiet stealth mode moves, climbed up in bed & started playing with the baby monitor. When I walked in the door, I found her tapping the microphone part in the middle with her little pointer finger...hence the tapping I heard. Crazy girl is into EVERYTHING now! I'm in for some trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment