Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3 - Cobwebs & Cribs

It's still snowing today. Isla & I have yet to venture out of the house, yet again. We got about 16" from what I've heard from the people that actually leave their house. :) So today we stayed inside & took the Christmas tree down. This tree has been invading our living room since November 27th & was way past it's prime. You know you have had your Christmas tree up for too long when you find cobwebs on the tree topper....



Today was also day 2 of trying to get Isla to sleep in her crib by herself. She did fall asleep twice, for a total of about an hour, before mommy gave up at 2:30am. Didn't hear another peep out of her until 9am. Why mess with something that's not broken right?! Haha. So this afternoon tried again & did manage a nap in the crib (although I did have to shove myself into the crib with her to get her to fall asleep). She did sleep for an hour, but that's down from 2 hours if I just put her in our bed...





Now for the grand finale. It's about 6pm & we're eating dinner at the kitchen table. Both Isla & I are exhausted from the crib-battle the previous night. And on top of that, she only took one 1-hour nap instead of two 2-hour naps. So I'm feeding her baby pears...she's eating hungrily & snacking on some chicken & veggies from our dinner...I dip the spoon in again & look up to give her another bite & this is what I find...



Poor thing is OUT COLD. I could barely contain my laughter! You know you're tired when you fall asleep in mid-bite. Gotta love her. So the moral of this story is, if something ain't broke...don't fix it. Tonight we are all going to snuggle up in our bed & get a good nights sleep! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment