Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 15 - Hurricane's Soup Chowder of Maine

So today was my first ever shot at food photography. My parents, my husband & I are all co-owners of a restaurant in Greene, Maine called Hurricane's Cafe & Deli. Last year, due to the popularity of our soups & chowders, we decided to open a separate soup processing plant named Hurricane's Soup & Chowder of Maine (check out the website!). We make all natural - no preservative soups & chowers for restaurants, hospitals, schools etc. Many are also special-diet friendly, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, low-fat, vegetarian or vegan. We have quite a few customers in New England (Mostly in Maine & New York) & are now working on some advertising materials to get the word out to people that may not have heard of us.

So made a lightbox out of foam board & brought my studio lights over to the processing plant to take some pictures. I heated up & photographed 4 of the soup varieties.

I am not a food stylist by any means, but I think I got some decent shots to work with (all shot in raw so I can play with them a bit) I have not yet edited these so they are all SOOC (straight out of camera) shots. I will post the edited versions when I finish, but lightroom is extremely slow on my computer & it takes FOREVER to edit! I guess a new computer is next on my list.



No comments:

Post a Comment