Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 16 - Photo Studio

I got my new "studio" set up today. By that I mean backdrop stand with black & white muslins, 2 studio lights (which I don't usually need to use), a reflector & some props...all set up in front of our HUGE sunroom window. I took a couple of test shots today of Isla & my niece Kendra. It was so sunny that I had to hang a shower curtain up over the window like a big make-shift soft box :)

The room really isn't big enough for the big (7' x 7' on its smallest setting) backdrop stand, so I have it set up diagonally. I really wish I could get a little farther away, but it's the best I can do in my small house right now.

Here are a couple of shots from today. I really haven't edited these so I know I have to play with color & things like that still. And my muslin clamps didn't come in yet, so the background is kinda wrinkled :)





I also made another really cute hat today! Pink & white stripes with big pom poms on top. It's sooo cute on Isla. I'm going to make some in the next size smaller for newborn shoots! I also want to make some elf hats with the long tapered tails on top! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment